Would you like to improve the audio of your music on your smartphone?
For you who are connected to the world through the internet, you may not have thought about how to use your smartphone as a work tool to record classes, do briefings with your clients, record sounds of nature, to do band rehearsals or other similar activities.
For those purposes, there are many apps that do audio editing. These apps have a range of functions where you will record and gather music files and edit them.
With audio editing apps, you can prepare your audio tracks directly from your smartphone. After editing your audio files, you will have more security to share your content on social media.
Now you will know free audio editing apps that you can use on your smartphone, some of them are for Android phones and some are for iOS phones.
Let’s see 6 free apps to edit audio on your phone.
1. WavePad Audio Editor Free for Android and iOS
This app is for Android phones and iOS phones and allows you to record voice or music, edit the recording, add sound effects, clear background noise and more to get high quality audio.
The Android version of this app is called “WavePad Audio Editor Free”, and the iOS version is called “WavePad Music and Audio Editor”. To know that you’re downloading the right app, just make sure it’s developed by NCH Software, you can find this info in the download page on Google Play Store and on Apple App Store.
If you are looking for an app that allows you to cut audio files, add audio elements and improve different parts of the same audio, this app offers countless possibilities.
Whichever option you choose within WavePad, you will see the audio track on the screen in the form of sound waves. At the top of the screen, you’ll find all the tools and resources you need to get started.
With WavePad, you can cut parts of audio tracks and create new custom audio files which can add sound effects, silence, clean sounds and use any other function that allows you to perfectly adjust the entire audio file. You can also modify multiple settings of your tracks and add as many effects as you want.
Some features of WavePad are:
- It supports multiple file formats, including Wav and AIFF
- The editing features include Cut, Copy, Paste, Insert, Trim and more
- The effects include Amplify, Normalize, Echo and more
- You can edit multiple audio file formats
- Supports automatic crop editing and voice activated recording
2. Music Maker JAM for Android and iOS
This app is free and works on Android phones and iOS phones. Music Maker JAM allows you to create your own music and it can also record you singing to do post-editing.
Then, you can remix your beats and loops tracks from various musical genres such as Trap, Hip-Hop, House, Pop, Rock and more.
This app ideal for beginners DJs.
With Music Maker JAM you can:
- Create music loops
- Play live at an event or party
- Play with spectacular effects in real time
- Mix your voice in your beats and add similar effects
- Share your creations on networks
- Access the app community with millions of subscribers where you can share your mixes
3. Walk Band Multitracks Music for Android
This app is for Android phones and is considered a pocket band capable of simulating a variety of instruments.
With Walk Band, you can add new beats to a song, that is, you add the beats and guitar chords to a piano melody, for example.
Those are some instruments you can simulate with Walk Band:
- Supports the complete keyboard of the Piano
- Single Line Mode
- Dual Line Mode
- Two player Mode
- Touch pressure detection, Adjusting the width of keys.
- 5 keyboard programs: Piano, Music Box, Organ, Synthesizer Recording and Playback
- MIDI audio support
- String Mode
- Solo mode
- Guitar programs: Nylon Strings Guitar, Steel Strings Guitar, Clean Electric Guitar and plug-in holder
- Record in MIDI and visual playback
- Play beats while playing your favorite MP3 files
- Beat kit from five programs: Jazz, Rock, Hip-Hop, Percussion, Dance
- Auto play mode: Using two fingers to hit a drum will trigger the auto play mode
- 6 Speed Levels
- Learn rhythms mode: Rock, Ballad, ChaCha, Disco, Latin Rock, Polka, Waltz and others
- You can mix your own beats
- Beat kit for five programs: Jazz, Rock, Hip-Hop, Percussion, Dance.
- 11 Preload of demonstration patterns
- Pitch control
- Speed control
4. Audiosdroid Audio Studio DAW for Android
This app is a free Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for Android phones that allows you to record and mix audio files. It supports MP3, MP4, WAV, AAC, OGG and AMR audio files, you can save the results directly to your phone internal storage.
Audiosdroid Audio Studio DAW also lets you can sing karaoke. It’s very easy, just plug in your headphones and start singing and you can record and share through any app you have installed on your Android.
Audiosdroid has excellent audio effects such as Equalizer (Low, Medium and High), Filter, Tempo, pitch change, Reverb, Flanger, Gate, Whoosh and Echo effects.
With AudioDroid you can:
- Apply audio effects to audio files and preview the final result
- Apply audio effects to offline tracks and save as an audio file
- Adjust the value of each effect using the control panel
- Adjust the tone and rhythm of your music tracks
- Save and load custom FX presets, such as: Bass, Hall Reverb, Concert Hall Reverb, preset pitch presets
5. MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker for Android
This app is for Android phones, it’s free and has an easy-to-use interface. MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker has great quality for audio editing through your smartphone, you can make your own ringing tones and edit music in an easy and fun way.
Notice that there are a few apps with this name on Google Play Store, but the version we covered here is the one developed by InShot Inc.
- Some features of MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker are:
- Zoom waveform to trim audio accurately
- Audio Mixer
- Fade In/Fade Out effects
- Audio cutting at millisecond-level
- Supports many audio formats, such as MP3, WAV, ACC, OGG and FLAC
- You can edit audio file name and convert its format
- Inbuilt music player for playing music clips any time
- You can set songs as Ringtone, Notification and Alarm
- You can merge and join audio
- Bitrate adjusting for HD audio at 64 KB/s, 128 KB/s, 19 2KB/s, 256 KB/s and others
- Volume boost and reduction
- Custom a unique ringtone for every contact in your phone
6. Media Converter for Android
Media Converter is a free audio editing app for Android phones that supports multiple file formats of audio and video for conversion (you can convert a MP3 audio into 3PG, for example), plus it has great audio/video editing features.
This app has tools for converting files into MP3, 3PG, AAC, OGG, MP4 and others. Also, you can edit audio files you like using the app tools, such as:
- Audio cut/chop tool
- Extract a media audio to make it a Ringtone
- Custom audio bitrate
- Custom audio sample rate
With an intuitive interface, Media Converter is easy and fun to use.
Cool! Now you know 6 free apps to edit and custom audio files and music tracks with your phone, but also custom nice audio effects and create your own mixes! So you can choose
your favorite app to edit audio and music with your smartphone and start using it!
You can also share your thoughts in the comments below!