Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. At no extra costs, we may earn a small commission if you click through and purchase. Learn more
Do you need a professional video editing software with an easy and intuitive workflow?
Great! In this Advantages Guide you will discover the benefits of MAGIX Video Pro X is for professional video production in a way that is accessible for everyone!
It doesn’t matter how complete a video project is, MAGIX Video Pro X has many intuitive editing tools and workflows that allow you to finish your projects in no time! It also supports Ultra HD 8K video resolution and it features a real-time Audio Mixer and Audio Cleaning Tool for video sound optimization!Let’s see all about MAGIX Video Pro X and how you can benefit from it.
You can also jump to any spec of MAGIX Video Pro X explained here in the post through this quick access list:
|Minimum System Requirements||Image Editing Functions|
|Cutting and Trimming Functions||Import and Export Functions|
|Workflow and User Interface Functions||Audio Editing Functions|
Those are the minimum system requirements of MAGIX Video Pro X:
- 64-bit version of Windows 10 or Windows 8
- Processor: Double core processor with 2.4 GHz (recommended: Intel quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz or better)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- Graphics card: Onboard, min. resolution 1280 x 1024, 512 MB VRAM and DirectX 11 support INFUSION Engine 2 supports video acceleration for AVC and HEVC on Intel (an active, integrated graphics unit with installed, up-to-date drivers is required), NVIDIA or AMD GPUs with 1GB VRAM or higher Example: Intel Graphics HD 630, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050, AMD Radeon RX470
- Available drive space: 2 GB for program installation (10 GB recommended)
- Sound card: Onboard (multi-channel sound card recommended for surround sound editing)
- Optical drive: DVD drive (only for installation of the box version)
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program features. Program requires one-time registration.
- Recommended System Requirements for 8K Editing
- Processor: Quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz or better
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 4GB VRAM
- Program languages:
Cutting and Trimming Functions
MAGIX Video Pro X has many cutting and trimming functions to easily edit video and audio:
- Split and Trim: this tool makes cutting video footage much easier and it also includes previewing and dynamic preview. You can move the tool along the software Timeline and make edits by clicking and by using the real time preview of the video monitor.
- Full Track Handling: you can copy, reorder and delete tracks, even retroactively, all by using the active target track, which also lets you import media such as music or video with absolute precision to wherever you want on the Timeline. Also, items are displayed with a clearer overview thanks to new object color schemes.
- J Cuts and L Cuts: those shortcuts can independently trim audio and video. Also, interviews and documentaries are now easier to edit thanks to overlapping objects and a fluid workflow.
- Find and close gaps: you can close gaps in the Timeline with a single click by using the Split and Trim tool that automatically locates them, so every clip merges correctly to each other without leaving any black frames in the final video!
- Advanced Search for gaps: you can use a special tool that searches for any unwanted black areas between clips, the software will list all gaps in the project tracks which can be individually selected and edited if necessary.
- “Move object content” mouse mode that allows you to easily select video object contents in a manner which maintains the editing rhythm.
- Multi-track & Multi-format Timeline that enables you to import and edit different video formats in SD, HD and Ultra HD resolutions without needing any file conversion into a proprietary intermediate format.
- Three-point and four-point editing features to insert video clips into the timeline and define start and end positions by placing in and out points in the Timeline and video monitor.
- Time Stretching: change the length of any video or audio file by stretching or contracting it in the Timeline (audio files will keep their original pitch).
- Beat-based editing: you can use the new snap markers to cut music that perfectly fits any video scene.
- Nested Sequences: this feature allows you to focus on what matters most and save editing time, you can add finished sequences to your video as entire objects. Effects are Then you can apply effects to the entire object, there’s no need to do that to each scene in the video sequence!
- Multicam Editing Mode for real time image control on up to 9 tracks (depending on system performance). If you click on the preview videos that marks all edits precisely and organically and also changes perspective live. It’s possible to automatically synchronize and add multicam recordings before you start editing by analyzing the audio material.
- Action Templates: enjoy a wide selection of movie and editing templates in MAGIX Video Pro X, which are an efficient way to create great videos in just a short space without too much effort!
- Complete Package for 360° Video: a new, fully automatic 360° image stabilization feature, integrated stitching and special 360 transition, MAGIX Video Pro X is your all-in-one solution for 360° editing. It can handle 360° videos from all standard 360° cameras in up to Ultra HD 4K resolution!
Workflow and User Interface Functions
MAGIX Video Pro X has many workflow functions and user interface functions to make the video editing process a lot simpler and faster:
- New start dialog with a new interface and a much simpler workflow.
- HiDPI Interface that is razor-sharp, intuitive and sleek and also works on Ultra HD 4K monitors.
- Vertical Videos: you can use vertical project and export templates, which are very useful for social media posts and smartphones. Also, videos filmed in portrait mode are automatically recognized and adjusted.
- Redesigned start dialog that offers significantly improved overview. The project templates are organized into many categories with clear names. Also, there’s been an expansion in the range of special formats for social media platforms and upright videos, making it easier to find the one that fits your project quicker!
- Color Picker: this tool allows you to pick the perfect color nuance with a single click and contains a wide range of colors, plus it works in real time. Finding the exact shade you need for your project is easier than ever! You can now also use it for color design directly within the OFX effect plug-ins and title editor. That saves you tons of time!
- Chapter Export: this feature lets you export a video chapter individually using batch conversion instead of having to export the entire video.
- UX Optimizations: custom program window arrangements can now be saved. Also, the Speed Effect is now located under Movement Effects to optimize even more workflow optimization.
- Redesigned Transition Menu: you can click the transition symbol on the arranger to open an object and transition symbols will be displayed from the templates area, this menu changes dynamically the more you use transitions and save your favorites. That’s why it’s easier to find your preferred transitions the next time you’re editing a video.
- Personal LUTs: you can integrate your own lookup table collections (LUTs) into the effects area to make them as convenient to use as the MAGIX Video Pro X supplied LUTs.
- Modernized Effects Pool & Workflow: now the Media Pool from previous versions is modernized and customized for the workflow. Also, the plug-in dialog has been updated using the latest GUI technology.
- Individual Content Purchase: in the MAGIX Video Pro X in-app Store, now you can purchase only the specific content you need rather than an entire pack.
- New Media Pool and In-app Store: the effects purchased for MAGIX Movie Edit Pro can also be used in MAGIX Video Pro X.
- You can design and save your own LUTs using the shot match feature, import camera LUTs and also create a particular look with predefined LUTs.
- Snap Markers: you can mark special points in video objects with the new snap markers, they can be applied to stop positions, to each other, to playback and to object edges. This is useful when moving, synchronizing and trimming objects.
Image Editing Functions
MAGIX Video Pro X has multiple image editing functions to enhance your video projects even more:
- More than 1,500 creative effects and templates.
- Ultra HD 8K Support for AVC and HEVC Videos: 8K AVC or HEVC videos can be played back in real time using INTEL, NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards (depending on the graphics card used, which saves you time as you won’t need to convert recordings to Proxy Files.
- Broadcast-Ready Color Effects: you can optimize the colors in your videos with the new color value correction tool, LAB color space coloring and broadcast coloring. Your videos can get a retro film look with the grain effect “unsharp mask” feature, they can also achieve maximally sharp lines and edges with the high-quality and get more vibrant, more powerful and more intense.
- HDR Support with HDR10: you can count on support for the latest standards and color gamut BT.2020 and 10-bit color depth in HEVC codec. The original variations in brightness are accurately reproduced and natural contrast is maintained by HDR, even for very dark or bright footage. You create a lasting impression and make every detail shine in your videos thanks to an impressive color extraction.
- 360° Image Stabilization & 360° Editing: you can fully correct shaky 360° footage automatically and apply 360° stabilization to stereoscopic videos. Also, you can use the 360° transition effects designed to completely surround the viewers of your videos! If you have a 360° camera you can make great use of these features!
- Real-time video stabilization: MAGIX Video Pro X includes the full version of proDAD Mercalli V5 Suite that offers professional video optimization and stabilization in real time with no analysis or rendering needed beforehand. Optimize contrast and brightness automatically or adjust manually to add more customization.
- 1-click video stabilization: you can stabilize your videos automatically with no more than one click! This allows you to fix choppy footage with precision and quickly.
- HDR Preview and Color Space Handling: you can choose a specific color space that works with your video project, MAGIX Video Pro X supports all standards such as BT.601 (SD), BT.709 and BT.2020 (HD/UHD) and also the professional standard DCI P3, all for greater precision and visual control in your color correction workflow.
- Layer Masks that allow you to mask title and video objects in no time! You can use a wide variety of alpha masks available in the templates area, you can also make title objects appear in a specific way or video borders gradually fade out to transparent.
- Precise Color Grading with 16-bit Deep Color: now important internal color grading workflow processes have been switched from 8-bit to 16-bit deep color to achieve even more freedom for correcting color and detailed color grading.
- Effect Masks that let you select parts of the image using alpha masks and apply effects to these areas, which grants more detailed effect editing and selective blurring.
- OFX Interface for Plug-In Performance: the enhanced performance of the OFX interface makes it possible that multiple video effects are played in real time. Also, more computing power is assigned to each individual video effect with smoother playbacks thanks to optimization.
- Advanced Exposure Features with Curves: tonal value correction and detailed color allow you to edit individual RGB channels and luminance precisely with Bézier curves. Log or flat profiles can be used manually to achieve the final look for your video and contrasts can be adjusted with non-linear editing (NLE).
- Visibly reduced fewer Moiré and sparkle patterns in exported Full HD videos.
- Shot Match: with this feature, you can apply the look of a video to another video because the software will match the tonal values and colors of two different videos fully automatically.
- Image Border Effects: the image border effects ensure perfect integration that allow you to use portrait format in videos from your smartphone (the selfie positioning) without compromising your video’s look.
- LUT Support: MAGIX Video Pro X includes multiple Lookup Tables (LUTs) that simulate color temperature, gamma, contrast and brightness from famous movies or other footage. Your videos can take on any appearance you want. Other tables are available for free online and you can create and save your own LUTs and enjoy fast and efficient editing, even on more complex projects.
- MAGIX Travel Maps: this feature includes a wide variety of creative options to display your travel routes as a captivating animation. You can import your own maps and choose from the huge array of vehicles and waypoints to show the different stages of your trip. You can also create little slideshows within the route animation, all you have to do is place photos on the travel path.
- New Fonts and Title Templates that include Dynamic Title Animations that let you create captivating visual effects. You can have individual words or letters appear anywhere on screen to add a special touch to opening and closing credits. Make your videos impressive from start to finish.
- Professional Object Tracking: this object feature lets you track titles, graphics and text. You can pixelate faces or license plates so that they are unrecognizable if you are concerned about privacy issues, you can also pin elements to moving people or objects in a video.
- Dynamic Slow Motion Effects to control speed precisely using keyframes and create slow motion with smooth transitions. Also, frame interpolation provides the best image quality.
- Ultra HD 4K/Section animation to edit picture sections in 4K movies with high-quality. You can make the final result of a Ultra HD 4K video even more dynamic by switching between different zoom levels, which is also great for correcting picture sections which don’t turn out 100% because of quick movements such as videos of theatrical performances or videos of sport.
- Cinematic Intros and Outros: you can create the perfect start and end for your videos very quickly with new templates for intros and outros, to captivate your audience right from the start!
- Redesigned Chroma Key Effect Equipped with an improved extraction algorithm and antispill. Now the green/blue screen preset delivers even more high-quality results.
- True color space handling that brings color-true processing of your video material from preview to export in all important pro formats, including AVC, HEVC, and MPEG-2.
Import and Export Functions
MAGIX Video Pro X has a lot of import and export functions to make it easier to add media to your projects and to render them:
- IFUSION Engine 2 for super-smooth video editing! From resolutions in up Ultra 8K HD to complex multi-track projects, video playback now stays smooth and judder-free thanks to support for common graphics cards from Intel, AMD and NVIDIA.
- Ultra HD 6K Support: special templates for Ultra HD 6K video are now included in the film, project & export presets. Another feature available is dedicated import support for the GH5 cameras.
- 10/12-bit Professional Format Support: MAGIX Video Pro X supports output for professional formats like AVC and HEVC with 10 and 12-bit color depth. Your videos will improve thanks to more variation in shadow and light and areas plus colors rich in contrast thanks to higher color depth.
- H.265 Decoding: MAGIX Video Pro X is the world’s first video editing software to support Intel HEVC/H.265 with ultra-fast hardware acceleration. Plus, it includes H.265 decoding for importing and exporting footage from current Ultra HD 4K cameras.
- New Image Format: you can import HEIF Apple’s latest image format HEIF into your video projects. Also, together with HEVC import, MAGIX Video Pro X has support for media from Apple’s iPhone 8.
- AVX-Optimized Algorithms: the AVX optimizations internal image processing and 3-way color correction will free up resources for the use of additional effects, grant you much faster image processing and much more precise output quality on color conversions.
- Accelerated export with NVIDIA NVENC: MAGIX Video Pro X offers accelerated export times thanks to improved NVENC support from NVIDIA and outsourcing export to NVIDIA GPU encoders is done at least twice as fast as it used to be.
- HEVC Export with NVIDIA GPUs: CUDA support now creates backups of the HEVC/H.265 video export, making it possible to outsource export processing to the GPU’s hardware encoder.
- OFX Interface Multithreading Support: you can benefit from the OFX plug-in interface that supports plug-ins that require more than one processor core to work.
- Disc Authoring: you can create Blu-ray Discs and DVDs with professional authoring functions, you can also select from a variety of animated templates for menus and create your own. Another thing you can do is store your own templates for future projects. You can also use them in other software such as MAGIX Xara Designer Pro X.
Audio Editing Functions
MAGIX Video Pro X has many audio editing functions to improve your video sound:
- Broadcast-Ready Quality: your videos can get clean frequencies and crystal clear sound thanks to high-quality audio cleaning tools and smart automated features. You can use the integrated effects track to apply high-level audio effects at channel level. MAGIX Video Pro X also includes EBU R 128 standard loudness normalization for TV.
- 5.1 Surround Sound Creator that lets you produce real Surround Sound and mix it in real time using the audio mixer that is complete with full channel control.
- Real-Time Audio Mixer: every channel strip can be equipped with separate track effects like compressor, equalizer, and delay in addition to effect editing for individual audio objects in real time.
- VST2 Interface: use third-party provider audio plug-ins with VST standard for audio restoration, audio mixing and audio mastering and. Expand your plug-in library whenever you want!
- Integrated Audio Cleaning: with only a few clicks you can remove crackling, hissing wind from audio and also use the Compressor, the Noise Reduction the Equalizer and the StereoFX to improve audio files!
Awesome! Now you know all the features of MAGIX Video Pro X and how you can benefit from them! You also know the details of the different categories of tools and functions of MAGIX Video Pro X.
Need a video editing software to develop professional productions through an easy workflow?
You already know what to do:
Get MAGIX Video Pro X.
You can also share your thoughts in the comments below!