Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. At no extra costs, we may earn a small commission if you click through and purchase. Learn more
Do you need a powerful software program that has features for any type of Music Production?
Great! In this Advantages Guide you will discover the benefits of Samplitude by MAGIX in its different versions!
Samplitude has all you need for Audio Recording, Audio Editing, Music Production, Audio Mixing, Audio Mastering and Sound Analysis!
Samplitude Pro X6 now offer exceptional performance at a whole new level with more than 20x graphics, thousands of objects can be edited smoothly and without delay. Plus, the software offers acceleration and hundreds of tracks.
Let’s see all about every version of Samplitude and what they offer.
You can also jump to any version of Samplitude here in the post through this quick access list:
Samplitude Pro X6 is used by musicians, composers and mixing & mastering engineers to benefit from its revolutionary workflows to shape sound and make ideas come true.
Samplitude Pro X6 is compatible with:
- Windows 8 (32 bits or 64 bits)
- Windows 10 (32 bits or 64 bits)
There are the minimum system requirements for Samplitude Pro X6:
- Processor: 2 GHz RAM: 2 GB (32-bit), 4 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Onboard, minimum resolution 1280 x 1024
- Available drive space: 4 GB for program installation, 20 GB for Samplitude Pro, 100 GB for Samplitude Pro X6 Suite
- Sound card: Onboard Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program features. Software requires one-time registration.
- Program languages:
This Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) is the master of pro audio, you can shape sound, get sophisticated tools for real-time editing, choose from multiple audio effects and fulfil the highest quality demands.
Samplitude Pro X6 has great functions for recording audio:
- Full Bit Transparency that grants complete sound neutrality. This feature consistently calculates floating points to make sure that your sounds keep their character after a lot of digital processing. That results in sounds with retention of transients, transparency, spatiality and neutrality.
- Sophisticated Recording: work with audio clips that reach the highest level of audio stability and audio quality, no matter how even complex the recording sessions are. Your projects can have up to 256 physical inputs and outputs and 999 tracks! Large recordings are no longer a problem! You can work with common audio formats such as sample rates up to 384 kHz and also with audio formats from 16-bit to 32-bit floating point.
- Take Composer that clearly displays all passage recordings. The Take Composer also has an optimized cutting tool that combines the takes in the arrangement context for resulting in perfection!
- ARA2 Support that allows you to edit projects on a whole new level of musicality. ARA supports integration of Celemony Melodyne and others makes it possible to execute direct transfer of pitch and tempo and values, intonation and volume. You work faster and more efficiently in real time, for clean transitions between clips without crossfades and simultaneous editing of multiple tracks.
- Celemony Melodyne Essential for correction pitch with top-level quality. The specialized algorithms allow you to manipulate acoustic character, pitch, duration, timing for individual notes within your recordings.
- Automation Shapes that let you set curve types for simplifying workflows even more. You can Automation Shapes to build gradual transitions between two points in an automation. There will be no more issues with your audio files!
- zplane algorithm élastique Pro v3 that combines the latest findings from signal processing theory with psycho-acoustic models for pitch shifting and time stretching. Wider, faster or higher: great sound will always be the result!
- Copy & Paste Content Across Projects: you can easily copy tracks of the same project or across projects. Switch between tabs for open projects and start copying content. Choose which settings you want to transfer by using the checklist (such as submix busses, VST plug-ins and AUX busses). Your editing and arranging workflows will be much more streamlined.
- Custom Modifications: you can customize the Samplitude Pro X6 interface to suit your own workflows! For example, you can select multiple tracks at once and adjust their height simultaneously. You can also rename VST regardless of manufacturer specifications.
Samplitude Pro X6 has awesome functions for editing audio:
- Edit objects in the arranger: you can benefit from object-based editing options plus the standard options for track-related editing. Decrease or increase volume by the mouse commands, stretch or trim sections and set fades with customized curves. Detailed editing options are also possible through double-clicking that opens the object editor for discovering even more possibilities to modify sounds.
- Time-saving workflows, ultra- precise tools, flexible docking options and a production environment made to allow customization and total focus on projects.
- Object Editor: from effect and pitch editing to fades, every edit you make is non-destructive and calculated during playback to grant much room for experimentation. Apply effects or route objects to Surround Buses or AUX, integrate individual clips in the mix and focus on object level to avoid having to create new tracks for short sections that are in projects with complex arrangements and longer duration.
Music Production Functions
Samplitude Pro X6 has awesome functions for music production:
- Wide Variety of Virtual Instruments for producing music: 2 Orchestral Sounds (Cello and Orchestral Ensemble), 2 Keyboard Instruments (Electric Piano and Century Keys), 6 Synthesizer (Lead Synth, Bass Machine, Analog Synths 2, Cinematic Synth, DN-e1, Revolta 2, 11 Drums, Percussions & Drum Machines (Soundtrack Percussion, Jazz Drums, Rock Drums, Pop Drums, Bongos, Congas, Shaker, Taiko, Loop Designer, Robota and BeatBox 2), Upright Bass and more.
- Independence Sampler Workstation with optimized live performance mode, a virtual effects rack and a 12 GB Sound Library.
- MIDI functionality (meaning Musical Instrument Digital Interface) and smooth workflows for bringing musical ideas to life with professionalism.
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE for short) transmits one single note per channel (with all parameters), which
- Allows compatible controllers like ROLI Seaboard to output at their full potential. That makes it easier to create more rhythmic solos and or lower harmonies with sustain.
- Advanced MIDI Controller Editing: transfer extremely detailed modulation curves from takes to other controller lanes. Select the desired sections and paste them onto any sub-track. Enjoy more creative freedom for highly expressive compositions.
- MIDI Editor that integrates multiple applications, ranges, tools and views. The MIDI Parameter Editing Tool can be accessed at any moment you can select events (such as pitch bend or velocity). You can also move, stretch, compress and scale events in relation to each other in many ways. MIDI Quantization is also possible with no extra steps.
- Music Notation that displays MIDI data as notes in real time, edits are transferred directly to the MIDI editor, notations can be edited using the parameters velocity, length and pitch. Whenever you’re finished, you can publish the data as sheet music. The text is displayed in the score if you import a MIDI file with lyric markers.
- Drum Editor: this is an alternative to classic piano roll view that is designed for programming drums. You can transfer note settings to other channel strips, assign individual elements to a new output channel if necessary or also quantize them. The editor can be displayed in cell mode or in Matrix Mode with conventional parameters. Snapping to grid and quantization for note length can be implemented more easily.
Samplitude Pro X6 has great functions for mixing audio:
- Flexible routing, intuitive mixing and new automation functions for complex recording tasks on up to 999 tracks! Those features are ideal for larger arrangements and practical for all productions, now with the improved Pan/Surround dialog!
- Monitoring Section that 6 offers never-before-seen flexibility for accessing multiple monitoring paths, with or without additional effects. Integrate talkback and play back your configurations by using keyboard shortcuts or the mouse!
- Tempo Track for automating tempo in freely, whether for building sound throughout a symphony in an inspiring way or for creating a wild transition between a slow introduction passage and a faster verse.
- Render flexibility with track output recording: when you record a track output, you record what you hear and not what is being fed into the track. Samplitude Pro X6 saves your project material in a clean state to give you complete control for rendering your project material flexibly and experiment with effects afterwards.
- Search & Find: the Plug-in Browser Extension allows you to access plug-in presets quickly and directly to mark your favorites for quick access, you can also benefit from filters and keywords for searching and rediscovering the potential of your plug-in collection!
- Automation Lanes with advanced copy functions: now you can display track automation across multiple sub-tracks a.k.a. lanes. You can also display and edit any number of track parameters, like panorama, effect settings and s volume, all simultaneously. Simply select particularly complex or detailed curves and copy them simultaneously to any number of automation lanes on other tracks. You can set identical volume curves to any grouped instruments.
- Vandal: this is a set of virtualized guitar and bass amplifier components with great sound quality. Vandal SE includes 3 different miking arrangements, 4 stomp boxes and 50 presets. The full version is available only in Samplitude Pro X6 Suite.
- Analogue Modelling Suite Plus: in the tonal tradition of analog compressors, you can use am|track to add tape saturation.
- essentialFX Suite: a collection of 11 professional mixing plug-ins for dynamic effects and modulation, featuring a high-quality compressor, chorus special plug-ins for optimizing speech and vocal recordings and standard effects such as tremolo and flanger.
- Vintage Effects Suite featuring a trinity of components:
- Filtox, an Oberheim filter that controls the frequency response of a modulation source for creating effects like the wah-wah effect.
- Ecox, a component that realistically emulates echoes from analog tape devices, which are caused by tracking fluctuations.
- Corvex, a plug-in that modulates analog-sounding chorus and flanger effects.
Samplitude Pro X6 has awesome functions for mastering audio:
- A high-quality and reliable audio toolkit with effects specially optimized for mastering tasks, you can easily visualize important signal properties like loudness, peak, phase coherence and frequency response. You can also customize meters for the task you use them for.
- dynamicEQ: shape your sound, apply frequency boosts and cuts to your audio files, dynamically shape, attenuate and boost your sounds across your entire project. You can edit your tracks with absolute precision through the multiple filter options for each EQ band.
- The newly integrated resampling gives you the possibility to work with any sample rate in your projects, you can achieve the highest quality with the best resampling, you can also get the best from your audio material, all without prior conversion and in real time.
- Visualizations: count on a wide range of analyzers and precision meters that offer optimal support for production and mastering audio. You can browse visualizations such as the mono compatibility tool, the tuner spectrogram and bitmeter. Combine them to configure your own custom interface for more detailed frequency examination or for the Stereo & Surround distribution. Choose between your own customized layouts or different arrangements and save them for later use.
- WaveColor that makes frequency courses visible through great coloring. Sound and pitch characters can be visualized and seen in different saturation levels and color tones and. Also, any unwanted noise or other anomalies can be identified before eavesdropping.
- Mastering & Authoring: you can create masters according to the Red Book standard and also burn them directly from the arrangement into all formats, uncompressed (linear PCM), in compressed formats and on all forms of blank disc.
Samplitude Pro X6 Pro Suite is the new 2021 release that includes all of Samplitude Pro X6 + exclusive features for achieving perfect sound quality.
Samplitude Pro X6 Pro Suite comes with every feature of Samplitude Pro X6, plus:
- Legendary audio editor SOUND FORGE Pro, a whole other Digital Audio Workstation to increase your possibilities and editing tools to the fullest! SOUND FORGE Pro 14 on a sample-based detailed level and includes a premium tool selection for mastering audio material in Stereo and Surround and for performing precise tasks.
- Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 7 + 8: Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 7 is among the most advanced spectral editors in the world! It transforms sound into a visual world of multidimensional audio data and now it’s more seamlessly integrated into Samplitude Pro X6 thanks to ARA2 support. You will be able to download the update to Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 8 for free upon release.
- MP3/AAC Audition Plug-In that lets you hear the results of your project before export, you can check for loss of highs or compression artifacts and adjust parameters to fix them. The encoder plug-in allows you to fulfill all requirements for export, such as “Mastered for iTunes” requirements.
- iZotope RX 8 Elements has all you need for creating perfect audio productions, it includes plug-ins and a stand-alone editor to resolve common recording issues like background noise, humming, clicking and clipping.
- iZotope Ozone 9 Elements has a wide variety of macro controls and presets that make the mastering process absolutely easy! Your mixes can be analyzed by the Mastering Wizard that suggests processor settings and signal chains that you can preview before applying.
- colorFX Suite: this wide palette of tools for assertive sound coloration features signal routing that can be modulated, and filtered. It can be used for creating a distinctive texture for individual tracks and also flexibly as subtle emulsifiers for masters and grouped signals.
- coreFX Suite Essential: this set of tools for mastering and mixing has 1 rhythm effect for modern production, 5 plug-ins for precise dynamic control and 9 sophisticated components for sound creation. The coreFX Suite will help through the fundamental stages of production editing.
- Use legendary reverbs with Convology XT Complete that has 2965 impulse responses (4.6 GB) from classic reverb units and other devices. The synth bandwidth ranges from tape echoes to vintage amps. Decay, amplitude, waveform length Convology XT allows you to build upon basic convolution with a big number of parameters which can otherwise only be used for digitally created reverb.
- Cleaning Effects: a track-level frequency-based cleaning tool that has the form of spectral editing for removing unwanted sounds like coughing or clapping, without affecting the original signal audibly. Also, noise interference is displayed in color, for being quickly located and removed.
- Monitor signal loudness according to the EBU R128 standard.
- Full Version of Vandal featuring 24 stomp boxes, three possible miking arrangements and much more!
- Accordion Melody: a light summery accordion just like in typical French movies.
- Upright Bass: add character to all recordings from rock sounds or from classic to funky.
- 2 plucked and stringed instruments (Power Guitar and Guitar).
- Independence Sampler Workstation with a 70 GB Sound Library, a virtual effects rack and optimized live performance mode.
- Analogue Modelling Suite Plus Extras which includes the am|munition dynamics tool with compressor, limiter, clipper and M/S editing, the am|phibia tube pre-amp, the am|pulse transient designer for influencing and the signal envelope of percussive audio material.
- sMax11 Brickwall Limiter: take your mixes to the limit by selecting how aggressive limiting should be with a variety of modes.
- Mastering & Authoring: you can create a bit-precise digital DDP master to transfer your master to the pressing plant in addition to physical mastering.
For more than 10 years, Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has been the main software used by bands and musicians to produce music thanks to its object-oriented workflows and innovative tools for creating complex arrangements.
Samplitude Music Studio is compatible with:
- Windows 8 (32 bits or 64 bits)
- Windows 10 (32 bits or 64 bits)
There are the minimum system requirements for Samplitude Music Studio:
- Processor: Dual core processor with 1.5 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB (32-Bit), 4 GB (64-Bit)
- Graphics card: Onboard, minimum resolution 1280 x 768
- Available drive space: 2 GB for program installation (10 GB recommended)
- Sound card: Onboard (ASIO compatible sound card recommended)
- Optical drive: DVD drive (only for installation of the box version)
- Optional: Burn CDs/DVDs with a CD/DVD±R(W) burner
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program features.
- Program requires one-time registration.
- Program languages:
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 is the latest release that has features for Recording, Editing, for Virtual Music Production, for Mixing & Mastering and also for Sound Analysis and for Advanced Music Production.
By getting Samplitude Music Studio 2022, you grant access to a exclusive plug-in included:
- coreFX Suite for more creativity during professional mixing & mastering (save 37%).
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has great functions for recording audio:
- Multitrack Recording: you can record vocals and instruments in up to 24-bit/96 kHz studio quality on 8 stereo tracks or on up to 16 mono tracks simultaneously.
- Vocal Tune 2 for vocal recording correction, it’s easy to correct vocal recordings is simple, practical waveform display and pitch curves allow you to adjust recordings in detail with the pencil tool.
- Wide Range of Recording Templates: you only need one single click to get projects ready for recording entire bands and also solo performances, you can also use the compressor, suitable tracks with EQ, and other effects that are loaded and ready to go for recording.
- Chromatic Tuner: the integrated tuner allows you to ensure that your bass or guitar are perfectly tuned, you can simply hit a string and adjust it.
- Track Freeze that converts recordings made with effects to normal audio files for reducing hard drive and RAM processing without quality loss.
Virtual Music Production Functions
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has great functions for virtual music production:
- Virtual Instruments:
- 12 Tiny Percussion instruments:
- Tiny Percussion Barrel, Tiny Percussion Christmas Bells, Tiny Percussion Claps & Snaps, Tiny Percussion Cowbells, Tiny Percussion Darbuka, Tiny Percussion Djembe, Tiny Percussion Doumbek, Tiny Percussion Tambourine, Tiny Percussion Bongos, Tiny Percussion Congas, Tiny Percussion Shaker and Tiny Percussion Taiko.
- 5 drums, percussion instruments & drum machines:
- Soundtrack Percussion, Jazz Drums, Rock Drums, Pop Drums and Drum Engine.
- 6 synthesizers:
- Lead Synth, Bass Machine, Analog Synths 2, Cinematic Synth, Cinematic Soundscapes and Revolta 2.
- 5 orchestra sounds & choirs:
- Cello, Orchestral Ensemble, Concert Grand, Church Organ and Choir.
- 2 guitar instruments:
- Power Guitar
- Jazz Guitar
- Additional instruments
- Accordion, Folk, World Flutes, Vita 2 and Vita Sampler.
- 12 Tiny Percussion instruments:
- Integration with the instrument collection of MAGIX Music Maker: you can bring your favorite instruments from MAGIX Music Maker and to Music Studio Samplitude Music Studio that automatically allows you to use your collection in both programs.
- MIDI editor (meaning Musical Instrument Digital Interface) and MIDI editing and advanced copy functions. You can connect your MIDI device, like a pad controller or a keyboard, then you can record and edit your MIDI material in the editor.
- 8 Soundpools with a wide range of professional loops and sounds that you can use to enhance one of your own arrangements or to sketch out a track.
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has great functions for editing audio:
- modernEQ: shape your sound with this modern equalizer that makes easier and more precise mixing possible. Cut, shape and amplify sounds with high precision, make use of a wide range of filter options in each EQ band. Plus, you can custom edit options for audio tracks for shaping your own unique sound.
- Plug-in Browser: search for and find presets quickly and easily, explore your plug-in collection with the plug-in browser extension. You can benefit from direct access to the matching sounds and find all available effects and instruments with filters and keywords. Also, you can save your favorites for easy future editing.
- Pitch Shifting & Time Stretching for adjusting audio files pitch without affecting playback speed, which is very useful to make quick harmony changes in arrangements.
- Object Editor for editing the individual audio clipping sounds with no need of creating new tracks or changing track settings. For example, you can apply an effect to one single word in a vocal recording to make it stand out.
- Cross-Fade Editor for designing smooth transitions between audio clips. Transitions can be much more than the sum of different audio parts and can become an amazing listening experience.
- Combine takes and objects into groups whenever you want, group all the objects on one or more tracks, edit them, move them together and add effects!
Mixing & Mastering Functions
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has great functions for mixing & mastering audio:
- Dockable Tack Editor that lets you keep a clear overview of projects and also allows you to always have access to the most important track functions. From audio and AUX settings to equalizer, mixer settings and plug-ins and equalizer.
- ARA2-compatible plug-ins support a faster workflow, experience greater speed when using ARA2-compatible plug-ins, create seamless clip borders., edit your audio files more efficiently and perform multiple tracks.
- Advanced copy functions and automation shapes.
- Tempo track for controlling tempo and to make sure that arrangements have a clear structure. Easy-to-manage markers are used to display the tempo and speed changes you make.
- quickFX Volume Former for achieving pump and striking gate effects with a variety of ready-made presets. No more complicated settings!
- Vandal SE virtual guitar and bass that amp sounds like an authentic analog amplifier with a range of diverse and unique features.
- essentialFX Suite with 11 incredible plugins in a single collection: eFX Gate, eFX Vocal Strip, eFX Compressor, eFX Tremolo, eFX Chorus Flanger, eFX deEsser, eFX Phaser eFX Tube Stage, eFX Limiter Access, eFX Reverb and eFX Stereo Delay.
- Auto Mastering that analyses your audio material and finds the perfect settings for your song.
- Audible transparency and intuitive parameter controls: StereoFX module, 6-band equalizer, limiter, multiband compressor, MultiMax and many other effects made to put the finishing touch on your productions!
Sound Analysis Functions
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has great functions of sound analysis:
- WaveColor with colored frequencies for visualizing spectrum and level and it easier to spot noise and other features of audio tracks even before you listen to them.
- Visual Analysis to help you mix and tidy up essential frequency ranges: spectroscope (spectrum level), spectrogram (frequencies shown over time) and vectorscope (phase control).
- Direction Meter for showing you what your production’s sound looks like in the stereo field.
- Peak Meter for displaying the peak level for your production.
Samplitude Music Studio 2022 has great advanced functions:
- Internal Hybrid Audio Engine that offers optimal latency management during playback of your tracks and during recording and is used by professional producers and sound engineers worldwide.
- Audio Remote: you can modify the sound of the instruments and also start or stop a recording on your computer directly from the sound booth with the free MAGIX Audio Remote app for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Load and work with up to 32 instruments simultaneously in the same project for achieving an even fuller sound for your compositions!
- Samplitude Music Studio offers VST and ReWire support for additional instruments and effects. VST3 plug-in support for automation, integration and VST multi-output. Available interfaces include: VST3, VST2, ASIO, ReWire, SMPTE, MTC, MC.
- Support for conventional hardware controllers and for the Mackie control protocol, making it possible to write automations live by moving the sliders on external devices.
Plug-in Browser for accessing instruments and effects and quickly and for applying plug-ins using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts.
- Automation Lane: automation for effect and track parameters are shown on dedicated subtracks to the audio track, you can edit multiple parameters in parallel and show or hide automation lanes for keeping your projects organized.
- Marker Manager for ensuring interface clarity when you’re producing albums.
- 64-bit and Multicore Support for using your PC to its full potential, which is particularly noticeable when you work with large and complex mixes and when you use RAM-intensive plug-ins.
Great! Now you know what are the features of every version of Samplitude and how you can benefit from them!
You also know what are the features of those versions for Recording, Editing, Music Production, Mixing & Mastering, Virtual Music Production and Sound Analysis!
Need a professional Digital Audio Workstation? You already know what to do. Get Samplitude: