Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. At no extra costs, we may earn a small commission if you click through and purchase. Learn more
Do you need an easy-to-learn powerful video editing software?
Awesome! In this Advantages Guide you will discover the benefits of all versions of VEGAS Movie Studio for video editing.
Have you ever heard of “Sony Vegas”? That is the old version of VEGAS Software, now powered and developed by MAGIX with multiple brand new exclusive features, such as color grading, video stabilization, visual effects, motion tracking and much more!
Let’s see all about every version of VEGAS Movie Studio and what they offer.
You can also jump to any versions VEGAS Movie Studio here in the post through this quick access list:
You can put all the struggles of video editing behind with VEGAS Movie Studio thanks to its easy-to-use interface and powerful interface.
The new VEGAS Movie Studio 18, which is the latest release, is great for video editors of every level of expertise! You will see the details ahead.
VEGAS Movie Studio 18 minimum system requirements are:
- 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 8
- Processor: 2.4 GHz (Quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz or better)
- Available drive space: 2 GB for program installation
- RAM: 4 GB or higher (8 GB recommended for 8K)
- Graphics card: Onboard, min. resolution 1280 x 1024, 512 MB VRAM and DirectX 11 support (recommended: Intel Graphics HD 520 or better for MPEG2/AVC/HEVC) INFUSION Engine 2 supports video acceleration for AVC and HEVC on Intel, NVIDIA or AMD GPUs with 1GB VRAM or higher
- Example: Intel Graphics HD 630, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050, AMD Radeon RX470
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program features.
Program requires one-time registration.
- Program language:
VEGAS Movie Studio 18 allows you to edit videos fast and easily with its comprehensive tools:
- Ultra HD 8K support with INFUSION Engine 2 to edit and export Ultra HD 8K videos.
- HiDPI program interface for razor-sharp on-screen resolution.
- Import your media by dragging and dropping.
- Video editing with real-time preview.
- Up to 900 powerful effects, transitions and titles: for real creative variety. You can choose from editing templates, intros/outros, effects transitions and more. New content is constantly added.
- VEGAS Movie Studio utilizes INFUSION Engine 2 to speed up your video editing projects, with features such as faster import and smooth editing workflow, it generates smoother video preview and supports NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD graphic cards, driving them to highest performance. INFUSION Engine 2 supports video acceleration for AVC and HEVC on Intel, NVIDIA or AMD GPUs with Intel Graphics HD 630, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 and AMD Radeon RX470 or higher.
- Social media templates and image border effects for showcasing your videos online, in square and vertical formats for creating videos for any kind of app or platform. The border effects conceal black borders in videos shot at 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Storyboard and Timeline Editing: you can assemble your videos quickly and intuitively with a storyboard, which is similar to a screenplay. You can also work in the timeline mode, which is an awesome way for fast video sequencing and rough cutting.
- Improved Workflow with vertical videos templates.VEGAS Movie Studio directly recognizes videos shot with smartphones upon import, they are automatically rotated to the mode in which they were originally filmed.
- Dynamic Slow Motion and Time Lapse effects. VEGAS Movie Studio creates new intermediate frames between images, all videos play smoothly at lower speeds.
- Burn DVDs & Blu-ray discs.
- Dynamic title animations.
- Fast rendering: hardware-accelerated power that gives lightning-fast project rendering for the most important video delivery formats and supports all common graphics cards.
Now let’s see the features of VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum.
VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum
With VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum you get all VEGAS Movie Studio features explained here in the post, plus a lot of exclusive features!
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Movie Studio 18 Platinum are the same as the ones of VEGAS Movie Studio 18, all explained here in the post.
VEGAS Movie Studio 18 Platinum is the new release that has everything of VEGAS Movie Studio 18, plus:
- Movie looks: you can benefit from pre-made film looks to create a specific color scheme and atmosphere for your videos by simply clicking to apply any style to your project.
- Multicam and 360° editing: 360° workflow with a full package geared towards 360° video editing. You can also try out 360°camera pans in photo panoramas.
- Travel route animations: this feature includes a variety of creative options to display your travel routes as a captivating animation. You can import your own maps and choose from the huge array of vehicles and waypoints to show the different stages of your trip.
Now let’s see the features of VEGAS Movie Studio Suite.
VEGAS Movie Studio Suite
With VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum you get all the features of VEGAS Movie Studio and all the features (both explained here in the post), plus exclusive video effects!
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Movie Studio 18 Suite are the same as the ones of VEGAS Movie Studio 18, all explained here in the post.
VEGAS Movie Studio 18 Suite is the new release that has everything of VEGAS Movie Studio 18, everything of VEGAS Movie 18 Platinum, plus the Exclusive Addon ProDad Hide V1 (2 years license) to remove unwanted objects from a video:
- ProDAD Hide is a Digital Eraser that can remove unwanted objects in you films, as well as unsightly shadow.
- You can easily make elements disappear from your videos with suitable footage thanks to intelligent object tracking!
Great! Now you know all the features of VEGAS Movie Studio Products and how you can benefit from them! You also know what features each VEGA Movie Studio release has and what are their advantages!
Need a professional software that is easy to use for creating high-quality videos? You already know what to do:
Get VEGAS Movie Studio.
You can also share your thoughts in the comments below!