Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. At no extra costs, we may earn a small commission if you click through and purchase. Learn more
Do you need an easy-to-learn powerful video editing software?
Awesome! In this Advantages Guide you will discover the benefits of all versions of VEGAS Movie Studio for video editing.
Have you ever heard of “Sony Vegas”? That is the old version of VEGAS Software, now powered and developed by MAGIX with multiple brand new exclusive features, such as color grading, video stabilization, visual effects, motion tracking and much more!
Let’s see all about very version of VEGAS Movie Studio and what they offer.
You can also jump to any versions VEGAS Movie Studio here in the post through this quick access list:
The new VEGAS Movie Studio 17, which is the 2021 release, is great for video editors of every level of expertise!
VEGAS Movie Studio 17 minimum system requirements are:
- 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10
- 2 GHz 2-core processor (3 GHz and 8 cores recommended for Ultra HD 4K)
- 1.5 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
- 16 GB RAM (32 GB recommended for Ultra HD 4K)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- Windows-compatible sound card
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Internet connection: Required for downloading, registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions
- Program requires one-time registration
- Supported GPU:
- For hardware rendering (NVEnc): NVIDIA® GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4GB
- AMD/ATI® Radeon with 4GB and VCE 3.0 or higher
- Intel® GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher
VEGAS Movie Studio 17 allows you to edit videos fast and easily with its comprehensive tools:
- Included for free: MAGIX Music Maker to create your own soundtracks.
- Powerful effects and transitions management: plug-ins can be sorted by category and can be searched by keywords. You can mark your favorites to find them instantly and filter by third-party plug-ins.
- Project location memory: in case you close VEGAS Movie Studio and open your project again, you’ll be taken directly back to where in your timeline you left off.
- Smoother video preview: VEGAS Movie Studio utilizes your computer’s graphics card GPU to generate smoother video preview and supports AMD decode acceleration.
- Direct upload to social media: you can share your project directly to YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo using handy upload wizards that do nearly all the work for you.
- Hover scrub: with this tool you can scrub through your video thumbnails right down to exact frames, and find the important parts of your video before you add it to the project.
- Interactive storyboard editing: you can assemble your videos quickly and intuitively with a storyboard. You can trim, rearrange and lay out your clips in the storyboard. Then you can watch the additions and changes you make being updated on the Main Timeline automatically, which is an awesome way for fast video sequencing and rough cutting.
- Black Bar Fill Filter: this tool is great to remove black bars from videos shot with smartphone in selfie position (portrait). It instantly fills your video’s black bars with a blurred copy of the video itself, plus you can control the amount of blur, the zoom level of the blurred image, and the amount of shadow around the main image.
- Mode-based workflows: you can move between specialized user interfaces to apply effects, import files, add graphics, add transitions, and finish your videos. You can also switch to Power User mode to access all your tools.
- Guided Video Creator: VEGAS Movie Studio 17 guides you from start to finish. It helps you add music and a title, arrange your clips, then finish and deliver, all through a guided workflow. You can also take full control in your timeline whenever you want.
- Sony’s Catalyst Browse: this media assistant lets you edit media metadata and view your footage, you can simple color grading or set in and out points to create rough cuts. After you purchase VEGAS Movie Studio, you receive a link to download Sony’s Catalyst Browse.
- Modern kinetic type presets: you can simply change the text to deliver your message or use them as a starting point to your customization of titling sequences.
- Close gaps between events: you can quickly and easily close any gaps between events on a single track or all tracks in a project to clean it up. This tool is great to avoid any black frames between the clips in your video.
- Storyboard improvements: you can add the same video clip to your storyboard as many times as you need and each storyboard entry will have a unique thumbnail, so even when you use different sections of the same clip, it’s easy to identify in the storyboard.
- Fast rendering: hardware-accelerated power that gives lightning-fast project rendering for the most important video delivery formats and supports all common graphics cards.
- Large trim handles on every event: those make it easy to see and grab the event edges for fast, accurate trimming.
Now let’s see the features of VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum.
VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum
With VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum you get all VEGAS Movie Studio features explained here in the post, plus a lot of exclusive features!
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum are the same as the ones of VEGAS Movie Studio 17, all explained here in the post.
VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum is the new 2021 release that has everything of VEGAS Movie Studio 17, plus:
- Ultra HD 4K support: edit and preview Ultra HD 4K videos smoothly.
- SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 14 for audio editing and mastering. This software is included for free in VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum and lets you create your own soundtracks, remove background noise and add sound effects to your video’s audio tracks!
- 30 unique fonts to set the tone and atmosphere of your movie.
- Color editing tools: Color Corrector, Color Grading, Color Match and Improved White Balance.
- Warp Flow Transition: you can morph one clip into the next and give your videos a wild sci-fi look.
- Motion tracking: you can track objects in your videos with true motion tracking, you can apply video effects to moving objects, isolate and follow moving objects in any scene with keyframes generated automatically in seconds.
- Bézier masking to Mask around objects: this tool allows you to work right in the Preview window to quickly add and customize masks of any shape in an easy interface. You can pin other objects or text to move right along with them and follow objects with powerful motion tracking.
- Built-in Optical-Flow Slow Motion Plug-in: this tool achieves stunningly smooth slow motion with optical-flow technology you can simply apply the effect and choose your slo-mo speed.
- One-click video stabilization: with this tool you can quickly stabilize shaky footage and gives you smooth, professional video with just a click.
- Lens correction plug-in: this tool instantly applies the perfect lens distortion correction to the footage from your camera’s footage to correct building edges and oddly curved horizons. You can also tweak the parameters for special effects and more fine control.
- Screen capture: you can record multiple computer screens, webcams and audio sources. Simply record the action, and export them directly into a new project. Perfect for YouTubers, video instructors and gamers.
Now let’s see the features of VEGAS Movie Studio Suite.
VEGAS Movie Studio Suite
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Suite are the same as the ones of VEGAS Movie Studio 17, all explained here in the post.
VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Suite is the new 2021 release that has everything of VEGAS Movie Studio 17, everything of VEGAS Movie 17 Platinum, plus the FXhome Ignite Advanced VFX Pack, which includes effects and filters to make your videos look like they are a Hollywood movie:
- VFX Retro: the sci-fi look for your movies
- Edit Beautify for the perfect skin
- Color Starter: find the perfect mood for every scene
- 3D gunfire pack: add ultimate action to your movies
- VFX Damage: create a long-lost video look
- Other FXhome stunning effects
Great! Now you know all the features of VEGAS Movie Studio Products and how you can benefit from them! You also know what features each VEGA Movie Studio release has and what are their advantages!
Need a professional software that is easy to use to create high-quality videos? You already know what to do:
Get VEGAS Movie Studio.
See our other Advantages Guides of Software Products by MAGIX:
You can also share your thoughts in the comments below!