Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. At no extra costs, we may earn a small commission if you click through and purchase. Learn more
Do you need to perform video/movie editing, video/movie post production or sound mastering/editing?
How about use one single software suite that has tools for all those workflows? That is exactly what VEGAS POST Suite does!
In this Advantages Guide you will see the benefits of VEGAS POST Suite, the complete toolkit for video editing, Visual Effects editing (VFX), image compositing and sound mastering, all in one seamless workflow!
If you ever heard about “Sony Vegas”, that is the old version of the video editing side of this software application. Now powered and developed by MAGIX, VEGAS hits a new era: VEGAS POST Suite, featuring multiple brand new exclusive tools for advanced video editing, post production, visual effects editing, image compositing and audio editing, all made possible by MAGIX exclusive industry-leading technology.
VEGAS POST Suite is a complete toolkit composed by the following software: VEGAS Pro for video and audio editing, VEGAS Effects for visual effects creation, VEGAS Image for pro-level image composites and SOUND FORGE Pro for precise audio editing.
Let’s discover the details of all software that compose VEGAS POST Suite and how you can benefit from them.
You can also jump to any software of VEGAS POST Suite here in the post through this quick access list:
All software programs integrated in VEGAS POST Suite have the following minimum system requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i5 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 2.5 Ghz and 4 Core
minimum. For Ultra HD 4K, 7th Generation Intel Core i7 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 3.0 Ghz and 8 Core minimum.
- RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum (16 GB recommended; 32 GB recommended for 4K)
- Hard drive space: Hard drive space: 1.5 GB of hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- Internet connection: required for downloading, registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions. Program requires one-time registration.
- Supported GPU:
Now let’s see each the details about every software included in VEGAS POST Suite.
The professional Non-Linear Editor (NLE) included in VEGAS POST Suite is VEGAS Pro. It has a lot of exclusive features, such as industry-leading hardware acceleration, HDR support, tools driven by Artificial Intelligence, sophisticated color grading, video noise reduction, powerful plug-in management. We will see the details ahead.
VEGAS Pro also allows you to work faster with video production thanks to its integration with SOUND FORGE Pro (explained ahead in the post) which is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for audio cleaning, audio editing, audio recording and audio mastering.
VEGAS Pro is available in the following languages:
VEGAS Pro is great for beginners, intermediate and advanced video editors and video professionals, it has many features to improve your video production:
- Video Stabilization engine to shaky videos and make them smooth and stabilized.
- Planar Motion Tracking that tracks and pins text and color grade moving objects, sits objects square to camera view in videos and let you to change footage dimensions as its perspective changes.
- Nested Timelines to organize projects even more and boost your workflow, nested timelines for independent projects are available, making it easier to share portions of your projects instead of a the project as a whole.
- Complete HDR color support to implement video color grading, powered by VEGAS Pro GPU-based open color input and output processing.
- Unified Color Grading workflow with color wheels and sensitive color curves for tasks such as color adjusting. This workflow also offers advanced options, like Vectorscope skin tone and logarithmic exposure control.
- Automatic color balance powered by the Improved Color Curves tool.
- Style Transfer, a tool driven by Artificial Intelligence that lets you stylize your videos in a to make them look as a painting by an artist, such as Van Gogh or Picasso (to name a few).
- Colorization to color archival footage originally shot in black and white, a brand new tool also driven by Artificial Intelligence.
- Advanced hardware acceleration from the technologies NVIDIA graphics, AMD graphics, and Quick Sync Video (QSV) by Intel for fast rendering and smooth playback.
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Pro were explained previously here in the post, they are the same for all other software included in VEGAS POST Suite.
The Visual Effects toolset included in VEGAS POST Suite is VEGAS Effects. It has all the Visual Effects (VFX) you could need to use all your creativity! VEGAS Effects includes over 800 powerful effects and presets to achieve faster results, unparalleled animation tools, superfast performance and industry leading creative features. VEGAS Effects also has GPU acceleration, support for Ultra HD 8K footage, RAM preview and WAV audio export.
VEGAS Effects is available in the English language and it has a lot of exclusive features:
- VFX & Compositing: add realistic looking and stunning visual effects to your video with hundreds of presets and with the particle generator
- Particle generator that allows you to forge your own reality, you can create scenes such as whole cities raised from the ground up and crazy weather.
- Unlimited creative possibilities with 2D and 3D shapes letting you create otherworldly effects, magical effects and sci-fi or even. You can blanket your video scenes in smoke. Plus, you can manipulate your animation with audio clips
- Create text and titling with pro-level text of 3D geometric effects, all with lights, shadows, and environment maps. Add customizable colored outlines to your titles the way you like.
- Unified 3D space and super-fast 3D model rendering with film box support and .FBX import. You can combine your 3D models with 2D elements, layers, models and particle simulations in a unified 3D space.
- Motion Tracking: attach layers to any moving objects in your videos to make the layers moves with objects, then you can apply certain effects to them, such as adding a video to an empty screen of a smartphone.
- Fire and lightning generators to create realistic lightning effects and fire effects and enhance it with heat distortion and post-processed lighting effects, such as adding create virtual neon signs to your video footage.
- Green screen removal that goes beyond the simple chroma key: this tool has a next-level spill suppression, auto-light-wrap and matte cleaning with 2D and 3D layering that creates super clean composites giving a very realistic feel to the virtually added environment.
- Muzzle flash generator: this tool allows you to generate a wide variety of flashes that aren’t limited by pre-rendered stock muzzle flashes. You can create a vast number of new flashes, such as miniguns and pistols, and rotate them in the 3D space.
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Effects were explained previously here in the post, they are the same for all other software included in VEGAS POST Suite.
The toolkit for image compositing included in VEGAS POST Suite is VEGAS Image. It allows you to create pro-level composites and keep your images raw.
VEGAS Image is available in the English language and it has multiple pro features:
- Built-in Keying: you can place images in front of a completely new scene with keying tools that allow you to easily replace any background with precision.
- 38 powerful filters to rescue images, add moods to your video, male color adjustments, remove fog and sharpen details.
- Luminance Key: an instant tool that removes backgrounds based on luminance, great for removing black backgrounds from stock footage fire when you need parts of the image to be semi-transparent.
- Light Wrap: creates a natural keying effect and you can bend backgrounds around your keyed elements to get results with seamless integration in your composite effects.
- Multiple image effects that you can apply to your images, such as Light Rays, Shadows & Highlights, Vibrance, Sharpen, Exposure and Dehaze. Those effects can be used to highlight images but also to repair them.
- LUT support: you can import your color grading settings as a LUT (LookUp Table) from VEGAS Pro (also included in VEGAS POST Suite) for easy application to other files in the project and to use in other projects!
- Insert Objects menu to search for elements, masks and effects which you can apply directly to any layer.
- Flexible Layers: you can work on complex images and sequences in a simple workflow, layers are fully adaptable and easily accessible/adjustable, all in real-time.
- Layer Presets tool that lets you save layers into presets to create custom layer types with auto applied masks and auto applied effects. You can also import and export them quickly.
The minimum system requirements of VEGAS Image were explained previously here in the post, they are the same for all other software included in VEGAS POST Suite.
SOUND FORGE Pro
The Digital Audio Workstation included in VEGAS POST Suite is SOUND FORGE Pro. It has tools for audio editing, audio recording, audio cleaning and audio mastering.SOUND FORGE Pro is available in the English language and it has a lot of exclusive features:
- Wide range of plug-ins and effects and for audio mastering as well as cleaning audio files based advanced Digital Signal Processing algorithms.
- Wave Hammer Audio Mastering Tool with Volume Maximizer and Audio Compressor.
- Professional Recording Workflow with which you can edit 32 audio channels.
- Visual Audio Editing WaveColor tool to identify important parts of your audio files using succinct colors.
- Expert Multitasking that edits and renders an additional file in the background to save you a lot of time.
- Instant Actions that allows you to access frequently used functions with one single click.
- DeHisser Cleaning Effect to remove white noise from audio files.
- DeCrackler and DeClicker Cleaning Effects to remove intermittent pops and clicks and in audio recordings of old Vinyl records.
- DeClipper Cleaning Effect to rescue records that can’t be re-recorded.
The minimum system requirements of SOUND FORGE Pro were explained previously here in the post, they are the same for all other software included in VEGAS POST Suite.
With VEGAS PRO Suite, you have to option to purchase either of those licenses:
- VEGAS POST Suite License which is a perpetual license
- VEGAS POST Suite 365 which is a monthly subscription
Add-ons That You Can Purchase Separately
Thanks to its OFX interface VEGAS Pro (included in VEGAS POST Suite) supports multiple Add-ons, such as content packs, plug-ins and templates that you can purchase separately on MAGIX to expand your video editing possibilities even more!
Let’s see the details.
Boris FX Add-on
You can get Boris FX Video Plug-ins for VEGAS Pro:
- Boris FX Sapphire: a plug-in pack with over 3,000 classic effects and templates used in Hollywood!
- Boris FX Continuum: a plug-in bundle featuring image restoration tools, more than 30 drag and drop & transitions and over 500 professionally designed presets!
- Boris FX Mocha Pro: a motion tracking plug-in for object removal, screen replacing, roto masking and more. This plug-in is also used in major Hollywood productions.
You can also get NewBlue Video Plug-ins for VEGAS Pro:
- NewBlue Titler Pro 7: a titling software to create video titles and video text featuring more than 700 professionally crafted designs, simplified multi title management, importing support for images and videos, PSD, vector files and more.
- NewBlue Complete Content Pack: a content pack that works together with NewBlue Titler Pro (explained above), featuring 16 professionally designed templates and 132 presets, 40 futuristic and polished title designs, 40 vibrant neon titles, over 190 lower thirds templates for news, social media, reality shows and more (lower thirds are titles placed on the bottom of the screen, such as the name of an interviewer of a TV show).
- NewBlue Amplify: a collection of more than 700 presets in 55 best-selling titling, visual effects and transitions!
You can also get SmartSound® Sonicfire® Pro 6 VEGAS plug-in, which is audio editing tool set that instantly creates your own custom version of music tracks, including beginning, mid-section and ending to fit your video timing. SmartSound® Sonicfire® Pro 6 has features such as:
- Mood Mapping
- Timing Control
- Custom Length
- Royalty-free music included
Awesome! Now you know all the features of VEGA POST Suite and how you can benefit from them! You also know what features of every software included in VEGA POST Suite and their advantages.
Need a high-quality toolkit that does video editing, video post production and audio mastering, all in one single workflow?
You already know what to do:
Get VEGAS POST Suite.
You can also share your thoughts in the comments below!